IN USA HIDDEN SLAVERY VICTIMS LOOK LIKE ORDINARY PEOPLEIn the USA laws exist to protect and provide services for victims. Men ,women and children of all ages and races are vulnerable to hidden slavery. It does not discriminate. Victims can be US citizens or from other countries.
In the USA, a victim could be exploited to beg for money, smuggle drugs, domestic servitude, manual labor and commercial sex acts.
What are the signs?
- Someone who has been mutilated, branded or tattooed
- No personal ID or documents
- Is escorted everywhere they go
- Lives where they work or with the group they work with
- Has no access to their earnings or cash
- Appears malnourished or hungry
- Children engaging in work activities not suitable for their age
- Private homes
- Construction sites
- Factories and sweatshops
- Nail salons
- Adult clubs
- Massage Parlors
- Street prostitution